Sports Council 2017-2018
This year's Sports Council members are:
Year 2 - Libby and Joshua
Year 3 - Olivia and Maxwell
We will hold half termly meetings to discuss our roles and responsibilities including raising the profile of PE and Sport at our school, increasing the range of physical activities available at playtimes and discussing how we can participate in more competitive events.
Our first job of the year was to present the football team with their brand new football kit!
The Sports Council have helped with a variety of jobs involving sport and PE this year, including:
- Attending half termly meetings with Miss Chapman to discuss PE and sport at our school.
- Organising Sports Day.
- Interviewing Mrs Murray about playtimes to find out what we can do to make them better.
- Monitoring playtimes and observing which games children play and what areas of the playground are used.
- Planning and organising the 'Dance from the Heart' t-shirt competition.
- Booking new and exciting sports for September for all classes.
- Organising 'Outdoor Week' with Miss Chapman.
- Working alongside Anthony from South Ribble Sports Development to tidy the PE cupboards and decide what new equipment needs ordering.