Mrs Nicola Sherry, Mrs Patricia Merritt and Mrs Dawn McKenna are the designated personnel for Safeguarding and Child Protection. They receive regular appropriate training and support for their roles. Mrs Hazel Sumner is the nominated governor responsible for Safeguarding and Online Safety
Cuerden Church School is committed to :
* Supporting all learners with their pastoral needs and in accordance with any agreed plans.
* Maintaining a safe environment in which children can learn and develop.
* Ensuring the practice of safer recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children.
* Raising awareness of child protection issues and equipping children with the skills needed to keep them safe.
* Developing and then implementing procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases of abuse. (see School Safeguarding Procedures)
School regularly liaises with other agencies that support children and their families such as Children’s Social Care, Child and Adult Mental Health Service (CAMHS), the Schools’ Nursing Team, the Early Intervention Team, The Inclusion and Disability Service and Educational Psychology Service.