Become a School Governor
Would you like to become a School Governor?
School governors are volunteers who work together with the head teacher and the local authority to improve education and other outcomes for all pupils.
You could become a school governor if you are aged 18 or over and:
- Want to make a positive difference to the education of local children
- Can get on with other people and work as part of a team
- Have some time to spare to attend meetings and to read necessary papers
- Are ready to learn and open to new ideas
- Are willing to put something into your local community
You don't need any formal qualifications, you'll get full training and support to make sure you are fully equipped to carry out the role successfully.
If you would like to be a school governor, or are interested in finding out more, contact Lancashire County Council on 01257 516147 or email email@example.com.