Christian Vision and Values
Our Christian Vision
‘On a journey with Jesus, growing, learning and loving God together.’
At Cuerden Church School, we want to grow to be caring and respectful towards one another and God’s creation; learn to be confident and courageous in the face of challenges; to feel valued and inspired to be the best we can be and most of all, to know we are loved by God because we believe that: ‘Everything is possible with God.’ Matthew 19:26
- We do this through learning, loving and living together as a Christian family.
- Holding Christian values of love, hope, trust, respect, compassion, courage and forgiveness at the heart of school and following the example of Jesus
- Providing a nurturing, safe environment where everyone feels valued, happy and loved.
- Building positive relationships with each other, our families, the Church and the community that are based on trust, respect and honesty.
- Inspiring a love of learning through exciting, challenging activities that enable everyone to flourish.
Cuerden Church School was created by the amalgamation of St. Saviour's C.E. and Bamber Bridge Methodist Schools and is now operating at a new purpose built school building which was completed in September 2006.
As a Voluntary Aided School, working with an "open door" policy, it can work closely with the local community whilst maintaining a strong Christian ethos. The school is affiliated to the Churches of St. Saviour's Church of England and Bamber Bridge Methodist.
Recognising its heritage, the school will create and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and the Methodist Church and in partnership with the Churches at parish/local church, circuit/diocesan level.
The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils.
Each half term we focus on one of our core Christian values in school.